The Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner and AARP are hosting a free event in Puyallup on Feb. 15 where people can learn ways to avoid becoming victims of fraud. Seating is limited and registration is required.
Free breakfast starts at 9:30 a.m., followed by presentations and free Medicare counseling.
The event wraps up at 1:20 p.m.
Washington state Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler will speak first, at 10 a.m.
Other organizations that will be there include:
- OIC’s Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- OIC’s Criminal Investigations Unit
- Office of the Attorney General
- Department of Labor and Industries
- Department of Financial Institutions
- AARP of Washington
- Sound Outreach
- Better Business Bureau of the Northwest
- Consumer Protection Washington
Seating is limited — registration is required! To register:
- Call: 1-888-902-3011, extension 7456
- Online: www.sendrsvp.com/7456