About the program
Health Care Authority (HCA) pays the monthly premiums and out-of-pocket expenses for silver level qualified health plans for eligible COFA islanders.
COFA islanders include people from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated State of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau.
You may be eligible for COFA Islander Health Care if you:
- Are a COFA islander.
- Have income less than 133 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL).*
- Live in Washington.
- Enroll into a silver level qualified health plan.
- Agree to file federal taxes (even if you do not meet tax filing requirements).
- Not receiving other federal or state medical coverage.
|Household Size||Single person||2-person household||3-person household||4-person household||5-person household|
|Household Size||6-person household||7-person household||8-person household||9-person household||10-person household|
*The income standards listed in these examples are subject to change annually at open enrollment.
When to apply for coverage
Submit applications for coverage during open enrollment November 1, 2019 through December 15, 2019 for coverage starting January 1, 2020.
How to apply for coverage
- Online: Go to Washington Healthplanfinder to apply for coverage.
- Mobile app: Download the WAPlanfinder app
- Phone: Call the Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.
- Paper: Submit an application for health care coverage.
- In-person: Find a local resource who, at no additional cost, can help you apply for health coverage at Health Benefit Exchange Navigator.
When you’re ready to apply
You’ll need this information:
- Your household monthly income.
- The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
- Your immigration information.
How to use your COFA Islander Health Care
To learn how to use your health care, download the Welcome to COFA Islander Health Care booklet.
For information on how to register online with Navia Benefit Solutions and have the ability to monitor your cost sharing funds transactions, view the Navia online registration instructions.
How can I get involved?
To help others apply for coverage in your community or get more information about the program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-547-3109.