By the end of Friday, Public Health—Seattle & King County officials report that they have confirmed a total of 934 cases of infections with the novel coronavirus in King County, an increase of 141 from the day before, and 74 deaths, an increase of 8 from the day before.
- 934 confirmed cases (up 141 from yesterday)*
- 74 confirmed deaths (up 8 from yesterday)*
The new deaths include:
- A woman in her 80s, who died on 3/19
- A woman in her 100s, who on died 3/15
- A man in his 80s, who died on 3/20 at Swedish Ballard
- A woman in her 70s, who died on 3/20 at Northwest Hospital
- A man in his 70s, who died on 3/20 at Northwest Hospital
- A woman in her 70s, who died on 3/20 at Highline Medical Center
- A man in his 60s, who died on 3/20 at Swedish Issaquah
- A man in his 80s, who died on 3/20 at Valley Medical Center
Of the 74 deaths reported, 35 are confirmed to be associated with Life Care Center of Kirkland.
Across Washington state, there has been a total of 1793 cases and 94 deaths.
The virus, known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) causes the disease COVID-19.