Office of the Governor
Gov. Jay Inslee today signed House Bill 1368, which appropriates $2.2 billion in federal funding that has been allocated to states in response to the ongoing COVID emergency. The legislation takes effect immediately.
The bill provides:
- $714 million in assistance for K-12 schools
- $618 million for public health’s response to COVID, including testing, investigation and contact tracing; and funding for vaccination efforts
- $365 million for emergency eviction, rental and utility assistance
- $240 million for business assistance grants
- $50 million for child care
- $26 million for food banks and other food programs
- $91 million for income assistance, including $65 million for relief for the state’s immigrant population
The House legislation was sponsored by Rep. Timm Ormsby. Sen. Christine Rolfes sponsored companion legislation in the Senate.