Since Jan. 1, we have identified 23 confirmed cases and two suspect cases. Clark County Public Health is urging anyone who has been exposed and believes they have symptoms of measles to call their health care provider prior to visiting the medical office to make a plan that avoids exposing others in the waiting room. People who believe they have symptoms of measles should not go directly to medical offices, urgent care centers or emergency departments (unless experiencing a medical emergency) without calling in advance.
Here are the details of the confirmed cases:
• 1 to 10 years: 18 cases
• 11 to 18 years: four cases
• 19 to 29 years: one case
• Unverified: three cases
• Unimmunized: 20 cases
Hospitalization: one case
Public Health will update this webpage daily as additional information becomes available.
Public exposure locations – new locations in red
People who visited the following locations may have been exposed to measles:
Health care facilities:
- PeaceHealth Urgent Care – Memorial, 3400 Main St.
- Noon to 5:30 pm Monday, Dec. 31.
- 4:30 to 7:50 pm Saturday, Jan. 19.
- Magnolia Family Clinic, 2207 NE Broadway, Suite 200, Portland from 11:30 am to 3 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- The Vancouver Clinic, 700 NE 87th Ave., Vancouver
- 3:30 to 7 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- 10:45 am to 1:30 pm Saturday Jan. 12.
- 4:30 to 7:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 9:30 am to 1 pm Monday, Jan. 14.
- Vancouver Clinic Columbia Tech Center, 501 SE 172nd Ave., Vancouver from 11:30 am to 4 pm Friday, Jan. 11
- Kaiser Cascade Park Medical Office, 12607 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver
- 1 to 8:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 12
- 7 pm Tuesday, Jan. 15 to 2 am Wednesday, Jan. 16.
- 12:30 to 7:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 19.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Emergency Department, 400 NE Mother Joseph Place, Vancouver
- 10 pm Saturday, Jan. 12 to 4 am Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 12:30 to 8:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 13.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center Emergency Department, 2211 NE 139th St., Vancouver
- 8:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 12 to 1 am Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 5:45 pm Sunday, Jan. 13 and 12:30 am Monday, Jan. 14.
- 11:40 pm Monday, Jan. 14 to 5:10 am Tuesday, Jan. 15.
- Rose Urgent Care and Family Practice, 18 NW 20th Ave., Battle Ground from 3:45 to 8 pm Monday, Jan. 14.
Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in Portland has been removed from the list of potential exposure sites. Public Health learned Randall Children’s Hospital was notified in advance of the potential measles patient and was able to take prevention measures to ensure others were not exposed to the patient.
- Cornerstone Christian Academy, 10818 NE 117th Ave., Vancouver on Friday, Jan. 4
- Vancouver Home Connection, 301 S. Lieser Road, Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7; Wednesday, Jan. 9; and Friday, Jan. 11.
- Hearthwood Elementary School, 801 NE Hearthwood Blvd., Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7; Tuesday, Jan. 8; and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Slavic Christian Academy, 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7.
- Image Elementary School, 4400 NE 122nd Ave., Vancouver on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Eisenhower Elementary School, 9201 NW Ninth Ave., Vancouver on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Tukes Valley Primary School, 20601 NE 167th Ave., Battle Ground on Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- Tukes Valley Middle School, 20601 NE 167th Ave., Battle Ground on Tuesday, Jan. 8
- Maple Grove School, 601B SW Eaton Blvd., Battle Ground on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- River HomeLink, 601 SW Eaton Blvd., Battle Ground on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Evergreen High School, 14300 NE 18th St., Vancouver on Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Orchards Elementary School, 11405 NE 69th St., Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 14.
Public Health is requiring exclusion of students and staff without documented immunity to measles from only those schools identified as possible exposure sites. Students and staff excluded from those identified schools are also excluded from other schools, child care and other congregate settings. Students and staff at schools where measles exposure did not occur are not impacted by exclusions.
- Church of Christ Our Savior, 3612 F St., Vancouver
- 9:30 am to noon Sunday, Jan. 6
- 6 to 11:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 6
- 9:10 am to 3 pm Sunday, Jan. 13
- Church of Truth, 7250 NE 41st St., Vancouver from 11 am to 4:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 6.
- Portland International Airport, 7000 NE Airport Way, Portland
- 10:45 am to 3:45 pm on Monday, Jan. 7. More specifically, anyone who spent time in Concourse D and the Delta Sky Lounge during that time period.
- 7:30 to 11 pm Tuesday, Jan.15. More specifically, baggage claim and south end of the ticket counter (near Alaska Airlines and Starbucks).
- GracePoint Christian Church, 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Vancouver from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday, Jan. 7.
- Costco, 4849 NE 138th Ave., Portland
- 1 to 5:30 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8
- 5:30 to 8:40 pm Wednesday, Jan. 16
- A Children’s Dentist, 101 NW 12th Ave., Battle Ground from 1:30 to 6 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- Fisher Investments, 5525 NW Fisher Creek Drive, Camas
- 6:20 am to 7 pm Thursday, Jan. 10
- 6:20 am to 7 pm Friday, Jan. 11
- 6:20 am to 7 pm Monday, Jan. 14
- 6:20 am to 7 pm Tuesday, Jan. 15
- Amazon Lockers, 1131 SW Jefferson St., Portland from 3:30 pm to 7 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Rejuvenation, 1100 SE Grand Ave. Portland from 3:30 to 7:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Pho Green Papaya, 13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 7:30 to 10:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Chuck’s Produce, 13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 8 to 11:45 pm Thursday, Jan. 10 and 2:30 to 5:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- Moda Center (Trail Blazers game), 1 N Center Court St., Portland from 5:30 to 11:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- Ikea, 10280 NE Cascades Parkway, Portland from 4:30 to 8:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- Verizon Wireless at Cascade Station, 10103 NE Cascades Parkway, Portland from 5 to 11 pm Monday, Jan. 14.
- Dollar Tree, 7809-B Vancouver Plaza Drive, Vancouver from 6:30 to 9:10 pm Tuesday, Jan. 15.
- Dollar Tree, 11501 NE 76th St., Vancouver from 8:10 to 10:50 pm Tuesday, Jan. 15.
Public Health has established a call center for questions related to the investigation. Anyone who has questions about public exposures should call, 360.397.8021. The call center is open daily.
If you’re unsure of your family’s immunization status, you can view, download and print your family’s immunization information online at MyIR or or request a copy of your immunization record from the Washington State Department of Health.
Anyone with questions about measles infection or the measles vaccine should call their primary care provider or their local county health department:
- Clark County Public Health, 360.397.8021
- Multnomah County Public Health, 503.988.3406
- Washington County Public Health, 503.846.3594
- Clackamas County Public Health, 503.655.8411
Clark County Council Chair Eileen Quiring declared on Friday, Jan. 18 a public health emergency in response to the measles outbreak. The latest news release about the investigation is available here.
Measles fact sheet – English
Measles fact sheet – Spanish
Measles fact sheet – Ukraine
Measles fact sheet – Russian